Re: [RC] USEF, Tom Johnson & damaging speculation. - LSimoni197

John,

I most definitely appreciate your and Steph's efforts to keep us informed on what is happening in the International area of Endurance.
My opinion is that AERC should have stepped up years ago to keep more control over our sport, even in the International arena.
In the earlier days of AERC, many of the members became devoted to our sport because it was not like or affiliated with "show politics and superficial extras."  In fact, the best horse could "win" because he was the best, without being judged by individuals who may have personal prejudices.  The finish line was the judge. Many individuals were able to compete in AERC events without needing to buy the saddle, the silver, the trainer, the clothing, the fancy trailer, or even the fancy well bred horse.  Any rider could succeed with a good horse and the dedication to condition it well and learn all they could.
People who could not afford the show circuit could afford endurance, and be winners as well.
I am personally sad to see the changes.

Lynge