Re: [RC] NC Indian Graves Ridge - Tom Sites

Rode there 32 years ago even before the GAHR.  I'll tell you that Habron Gap was the stinker to me.  It may not be the highest climb, but it'll take your breath away.  And Ole Man Habrons dead now so you don't have to sneak arround at nite if you pass, and want to by-pass his birdshot and rounds. He probably had a small funeral.

Indian Grave Ridge is surreal, and not that bad as its gradual but, i'd watch that water hole up on it, as recently there was a dead bear in the flow.  I was gonna come back for the claws and skull and it was gone by a critter within a week.  I would have moved it but it had maggots in it and i don't like maggots, snakes or ticks or any blood suckers.  The Indians had great Pow Wows down by the river and some folks said as many as 50 thousand came to hoot and holler.  Well, they buried their dead up on Indian Grave Ridge, and thats how it gots its name.   ts