Re: [RC] Exercises for riders - Curves - MtnRondi

I attended two Mary Wanless clinics several years ago and she suggested that we use the Callenetics exercise program for riding strength. The book is called "Callanetics Countdown - 30 Days to a Beautiful Body", By Callan Pinckney. It may be out of print, but if you can find that book I guarantee you will be a different person after 30 days. She has a work out designed for each day and if you follow it, you will have tremendous strength and will lose inches but probably not lose weight.

Toward the end of 30 days, you are doing 400 sit-up type exercises (100 times in each of four positions) plus other strength building exercises. My neighbor and I did the 30-day workout and it made a BIG difference in our riding abilities. We were the oldest students in our dressage class, but we put the young gals to shame with our strength and stamina.

Bonnie