[RC] The dreaded Skunk-u-pine! - Rob Losey

Yes, that means both skunk and porcupine. My mules are ok this time. I had one who got sprayed so often, I nicknamed her stinky. I wish I could say the same for my wife, Judy, and my mountain feist dog, Pearl. They went for a walk this morning. The porcupine was the first encounter. Luckily it was a near miss. The porky was 3 ft. up a tree when the dog spotted it. It scrambled up just out of Pearl's reach. Twenty yards up the trail they found a skunk. Not so lucky. It got them both. I'm shampooing Pearl with warm water, with vinegar and baking soda in it. Using baby shampoo and scent-block, ( a bowhunting shampoo designed to remove all the scent from a hunter.) Two shampoos done and I don't know how many more to go.

As for Judy, I don't know which one got it worse. I'm a compassionate guy, but she's on her own. I told her if she didn't want me near her for a week all she had to do is say she had a headache. Big Big Mistake!! Guys if this ever happens at your place, trust me. IT'S NOT THE TIME TO CRACK JOKES !!!!

Rob and Annabelle