[RC] how many endurance riders shoe and trim their own horses? - Carolyn Burgess

I'm learning now because I am so DISGUSTED at the work that I have had done by numerous farriers in our area.  They all chop off the heels and leave the toes way to long.  I have had no less than 10 farriers in 10 years.  We live in an area where farriers can charge upwards of $300/4 shoes, so many look at this as a lucrative career and couldn't give two sh*ts about what their work will do to the horse.

While I have done my share of firing farriers, I have been fired by two of them.  They don't like my being critical of their work or asking them to do things a certain way.  I certainly could do a better job than most of them because I CARE about my horses.

Carolyn Burgess

j marshall <jen4marshall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am curious how many riders shoe and/or trim their
own horses.