[RC] I have called the vet but seeking "extra" advice - J. Reynolds

My two year old distance prospect has come down with conjunctivitis, this is week #4.  The left eye was affected, treated with three varying antibiotics, cleared up, then the right eye caught it, same drill, and now she is getting it in the left eye and right eye *****sigh*****.  Do any of you know of supportive measures to prevent her becoming reinfected?   She's a mess, looks like she's been in a bar fight.  Gave her a bath this morning, washed her forelock good, scrubbed her legs where she keeps rubbing her eyes on them, put on a clean fly mask, used a human insect repel wipe on her face, and last but not least held a chamomile compress on both eyes this morning just to give her some comfort.  Now you all haven't lived until you tried squirting eye drops into this filly's eyes....she got so headshy by the end of week one I had to switch to a salve which she is tolerating.

Any advice you have for battling this .....other than just continuing to put the antibiotic salve in would be appreciated.    I've run through a couple hundred dollars of eye goop at this point, and not gaining any ground.

Thanks.     (did call the vet this morning and he wants me to use one with a steroid which I'll be picking up....AGAIN).

Jacke

 "Good friends are like stars.........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there."