Re: [RC] I have called the vet but seeking "extra" advice - Don Huston

My wife's horse had yucky junk filled eyes (conjunctivitis?) for a long time and I put ophthalmologic ointment in 2-3 times a week for months but it never cleared up. Finally I started squirting betadine on a wet washcloth and cleaning around his eyes and lower front legs and leaving it on the hair and no fly mask. I don't use the ointment at all now but still wipe his face and legs once a week and it is totally gone in one eye. The other eye still gets a little red and weepy between wipes but it's getting better. I never had it done but I know the vet can flush the eye ducts which might be clogged and harboring the infection, ask about it.
Don Huston