Re: [RC] Nervous or Crazy? - Barbara McCrary

Some of those photos bring back our experiences in the Sierras when we used to go backpacking, 35 years ago.  We went some fairly crazy places, with 35-40# packs on our backs, too.  I am much braver on foot now than I was then.  I miss the mountains so much......It's funny how we used to enjoy discomfort and cold and sore muscles when we were younger.  A bit like endurance riding, only no way to get away from the discomfort for at least a week at a time.  And we averaged only about 10 miles a day.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Nervous or Crazy?

/That's a wide trail.  Try some of the trails at Tellico Plains,
/Tennessee sometime.  Or parts of the Keyhole route (hikers only, no /horses) /up Long's Peak /in Colorado.   /http://www.rnbw.com/LongsPeak.html  for some photos.   Note the red-and-yellow bulls-eyes you can see on the rocks in some of the photos; /that's what marks the trail.