RE: Re: [RC] Older - heidi

I, too, like the TV shows from that era, and don't even bother with the trash that's on TV now--but it was the news in the 60s that started bringing sex and violence right into our living rooms, and IMO started the current trends.  Between the Vietnam war and the "free love" and stoned people that went on at Haight-Ashbury, etc., all piped in full color into our homes, we became hardened to violence and trash.  We had the assasinations of JFK and RFK piped into our homes (we didn't have TV at home until later, but my first experience with TV was watching all of the violence of the JFK assasination, because we were traveling on a college visitation tour for my brother and staying in motels and with friends who had TV).  We had the race riots in the South (and was Watts also in the 60s?), and the violence of Nam coupled with the violence opposing it at home.  It really was a violent and bitter time.  And I think we are now reaping the harvest of some of that violence and bitterness that spawned then.

Heidi

Hey, Barb, we're NOT talking the Dark Ages here, or the year of the
Great Flu or bubonic plague ;-)
We're talking about the 60's and 70's and they had invented penicillin
and even computers! I just feel there wasn't the amount of public porn,
violence, materialism, (how 'bout that reality TV --- do you remember
anyone eating lizard eyes on TV for $$$ then?) and yes, I guess I'm old
fashioned, yet I liked the old TV shows like MASH -- which was the
raciest one then, Barnie Miller, Mr. Ed..... clever yet without
excessive explicit sex and strong language (and yes, 4 letters still
emerge when I get stepped on by my horse  -- (how's that for a tie-in to
endurance, John and Steph?) ).
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=