[RC] roaundbales - L gin

Been using them for 7 years. Make sure the farmer knows how to bale tight and dry. You can store them on high ground or on pallets or something that drains with traps over them. If you leave space for air to circulate at the bottom. I cover 2 with a 15 x 11 tarp the silver sided ones , thay last longer. I use laundry soap or paint buckets with water aor sand in them for wieghts and tie hay spritng , elctric fence tape , whatever can take the sun and make "anchors" to toss over each end fo the bale to keep the wind from ripping off the traps in a storm. -- Refined this down. to many bales under a tarp and you get rain pooling or the bales don't breathe right and get moldy on the ends (SE)-- but tarping 2 end to end with a coue inches between thema nd about a foot uncovered at the bottom works well.
Also either-use a hay ring or unroll the hay as you use it or they will waste it. Be careful of the strings. I hate the nylon ones. But in a ring , I can usually cut and pick them up when they are almost down or before I move the bale. Never leave the strings laying around. If you wnat you can cut the strings off.
The netted bales are a real pain. You really do have to cut it off while on the fork--and then it doesn't hold to gether well.
They may rub their manes on a ring.(mine do)-- getting a new one . But have to have one I can move or the donkey can reach into.
I also have to get inthe ring about halfway to push the remaining ahy to eht edges cause the arabs don't have giraffe necks. Corse one o my horses just strts shoving the ring as it gets empty.........