Re: [RC] Top of the Rock - Karen Lynd

Suvut@xxxxxxx wrote:
I don't know all the results, but here is what I can remember:  Karen Lynd won the 25 and BC on Friday;   ...

Susan (in Louisville)
Susan,

Thank you for letting me win the LD on Friday, if only in my dreams!  Actually, we came in second to Karen Cummings (by about 5 seconds on the pulse down) on her new mare, Kylexco.  Karen and Kylexco did a great job in very wet and rainy conditions.  This was my 7 year old gelding, Toi Train's, first ride in the rain (although he is used to mud), and he performed wonderfully!  I am very proud of him and how well he did.  This was also his first BC, which he won on his own vetscores - we didn't even need the fact that I am a heavyweight to help him win!  I am one proud mama!!  We rode the LD again on Saturday through all that mud and came in 7th.  Toi did me proud.  I guess he is a "mudder."  He keeps telling me its time to move up to 50's, so some time this summer we will attempt his first 50 together.

Congratulations to EVERYONE who finished on Friday.  It was a wet one!  But, the ride was fantastic.  Bob McAfee always put on a great ride, and Bill Wilson is the most gracious of hosts!  I am already looking forward to Spook Run, which is also put on by Bob McAfee at Bill Wilson's place in October.

Karen Lynd and Toi Train