To: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:37 AM
Subject: [RC] [RC] Horses Keep On Giving

 I am such a sucker for a good, heartwarming story of redemption. I
read an article online this morning about a therapeutic riding program
taking place at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Bruce - thanks for the heads up on this story (and Jim, thanks for the
link).
I wrote my representatives asking them to support and expand this program.
As a VA RN, I've often wished I could get some of my patients into a
therapeutic riding or other equine rehab program.
Maybe it's time to reinstitute the cavalry? Hmmm - rehab and new career
paths for returning troops? New career opportunities for the American icon -
the Mustang? More mounted Border Patrol agents instead of more quads and
jeeps?

Patti K
Vail AZ