[RC] What to do ... - Paso2Go

Niki is my 6 year old grulla mule.  She was my own personal rescue/purchase
as a yearling with a nasty sarcoid just above her coronet band on her left
front leg.  Fast forward several years of repeated surgeries and treatments
and she's now a sarcoid free girl that only has hoof scarring to show for
her ordeal.  Well, that and a major aversion to having her ears handled.  I
sent her out for 30 days of handling a couple of years ago as she was way
too much of a mama's girl.  That type of bond sounds so cool when you're a
kid and thinking of your very own animal that only you can handle but it's a
major pain in reality - not to mention how hard it is on the animal in
question.

Anyhoo - what with being active with kids in high school and freelance
photography work that I do for a local automotive company, it seems it's all
I can do to grab an occasional ride on my Paso mare, Gabi.  I'm one of those
that can spend the day in the barn grooming and puttering and be just as
happy as anyone else that has spent time in the saddle so I'm sure time
management has a lot to do what I don't do with Niki.  As in ride her.  :-)

Lately, I've been considering offering her to a few folks in my area that
I've followed posts on some of the lists that I'm on.  Not to sell as I've
proven time and again that I'll just turn around and purchase another mule
project but I have a hankering to see her used and obviously I'm not going
to do so myself.   So - I'm wondering how crazy am I to consider this and
what pros or cons others have run into in this type of situation.

Sue
& Niki (who is perfectly content to remain at home as a pasture ornament)
Sue Fritsche
of Blue Moon Acres
in Middle Tennessee
Paso2Go@xxxxxxxxxxx