Re: [RC] A JOYFUL DAY long with questions - Barbara Moulton

I didn't have the strength to do the whole ball of
wax restraint thing with her as I have bad legs and
was really hurting still from Joy's little morning
adventure. I knew done wrong would cause bigger
problems down the road so I just rubbed all four legs
handled her ears gave her lots of little scratches
which she loved and let it go at that. (My mare I had
as a teenager dropped a surprise foal on us a month
after I bought her and little Hobo wasn't imprinted in
1972 and he lived at a boarding stable and only was
messed with on weekends and turned out great) the rest
of that day and yesterday and now today I offer a
scratch or two when she comes to me but give Joy all
the rest of my attention.  She was pooping without
straining before Joy even got up, which was a relief
as the one thing Ididn't have yet in my foal kit was
the fleet enema, of course I didn't even have time to
go get it and everything went so smooth I didn't have
time to get nervous- Joy is a born mom- the filly was
drinking water and snitching safe choice feed from mom
this am and along with her pooping prodigy she seems a
natural for endurance.  I have been sent some
wonderful baby pictures that show how much the color
can change so I am waiting on the "registered name"
but my latest brainstorm this AM was Suhr Shines like
Summer- which would work no matter what color she ends
up. ( I had a different name which incorporated sure
spelled like Suhr and Julie had already given me her
blessing to use it- that was when I was expecting a
black or at least dark bay Wizard look alike to name
She's Suhr Impressive- This little sweety doesn't look
like either parent so she needs an original name just
for her.
Barbara, Joy ( hey that's my food)and baby thanks
everybody for advice and pictures My pictures are
coming s soon as my digital camera gets out of the
shop for a jammed telephoto lens

http://mail.yahoo.com