Re: [RC] Non-arabs thinking they're arabs/non-nutty show horses - Stacy Sadar

Rhonda had said in her email that "Someone mentioned their mustang living with arabs and thinking he's an arab. I can say from my herd that this definitely happens!  I have Walking horses, appaloosas, quarter horses and a paint living with my arabs.  The non-arabs have started running with their tails in the air, snorting and blowing and prancing along with the arabs!  Totally different than they were when they first came to live with us."
I think it's not just the four-legged animals who influence them but we, as humans, are a big influence on the horses being nutty, flighty, freaky, spooky, or calm.  Haven't you ever been around a wired up human and see how wired their horses are all the time?  I have friends who are very high strung themselves...wired all the time...non-stop zipping around and just watching them makes you tired (and wired).  Well, so are all their animals..the dogs, the cats, and all the horses.  I have one friend who is a Quarter horse person and she is amazed at how calm my Arabs are.  As she says about my horses - "not like those Arab freaks I know."

I really do believe it's the way I am around them.  I'm not a wired person...I'm pretty laid back - just calm and relaxed in my normal way.  I think this has a great influence on their behavior and ultimately their personality.   It's not just the horses, but all my animals have been this way....not sure if its a way I connect with them or just the fact that I'm not real excitable around them.  I don't let "scary" things bother me, so it seems to not bother them.  Who knows....maybe I'm the freak! lol

Stacy