Re: [RC] non-Arabs in endurance - Lysane Cree

/This year she has done one 50 and came in 8th again (
/her HR's were down to 48 within two minutes when coming in off of the loop,
/everytime )  and yes we plan to do more!!:-) I have  decided to let her
/tell me what she can do and not prejudge her.

Way to go Chrystal!!!!
I also do not ride an Arab and I purposely selected a suitable horse for distance within the breed of my choice - American Paint Horse. Yes, registered Paints have QH or TB or a combo of the two, but now they are starting to close the books a little more so that one must have one registered Paint parent. I chose a filly of cutting horse bloodlines because they are not so heavily muscled and they are quick and athletic. We are just getting going this year but she eats and drinks well, travels well and takes care of herself, heart rates good. My attitude is that I will go as far as my mare will take me. Whether that be 25s, 50s or 100s. Other breeds can do this sport...alot of it depends on the owner.

Lysane