RE: [RC] [RC] arabs, do you need one for endurance???Jennifer - Jennifer Adam

Hi Chrystal! Congrats on your accomplishments and cheers to your great horse!

I will do my first 50s on my mustang as she is the horse I know best and I know she can handle them. I am not going to trade her in on an Arab, she means the world to me. Yes, I want to enjoy the trails with my best friend. Yes, just finishing will be a HUGE accomplishment for us. But, at the same time, she is so special to me. If her long-term health and soundness might be compromised by my strange ambitions to finish 100 mile rides, then I'd rather use her for pleasure trail rides and get a horse I KNOW can handle the stress and strain of long rides. If I find that she can handle 50 miles as well as the Arabs, then I will try her on 100s. But if I feel that she doesn't enjoy the challenge or can't recover the way they can, then I think I'll have to look for an Arab. I'm still a newbie so I don't intend to rush out to buy an Arab right now - but if the time comes when I feel that I need one to pursue my goals, at least I'll be armed with more information to find a good one. Who knows? My mustang might surprise everyone - but if I need a back-up horse I'll have plenty of time to do my research ahead of time! :)

Jen (and BLM Gypsy Dancer) - we're learning as we go :P

To Jennifer and anyone else w/out an Arab , if your horse is sound and likes this sport- go for it!!!

It is waaaaaay better to come in last with your best friend than first
without her/him  anyway. :-) :-)

Chrystal ( and Miss T who is actually the competitive one of the two of us
 :-) )