Re: [RC] half arab x arab cross - Rob Losey

" Half Arab should be half Arab, no matter what the other half is?! Sounds a bit snobby?!  Pauline "

Pauline,
It my sound snobby on the surface, but it's not. The purpose of the Arabian Horse Registry and the 1/2 Arab Registry is to promote the breed. They do a good job for a fine horse that is worth the effort.

If Arab/Mules caught on. It would do nothing to promote the use of fine Arabian studs, as they are not used to make a mule. It would also remove good breeding stock Arabian mares when used to make mules. The actions of the Registry is only looking out for the breed and that's is what they should do. I was only pointing out that they don't except 1/2 Arab mules, not that I disagree with it.

Rob and Annabelle