[RC] Smooth Traveling Arabs - Carolyn Burgess

Heidi:

I think that the reason some non-Arab owners bash the Arabs is as a self-defensive posture because they have been bashed first by the Arab people.  Not so much anymore, but several years ago we were basically called stupid for considering riding anything other than an Arab or 1/2 arab, and attempting this with anything else was, well, stupid and foolish.  Times have changes, I think, because many of us are out there, showing that this can be done, successfully (and success is measured on different scales for different people) on breeds other than Arabs.

Going back to a larger percentage of the Arabs out there being better at this.  I think this is the chicken and the egg.  Which came first.  When you breed for a sport, you have more individuals that are successful, or are Arabs being bred for the sport because they are more successful.  When you start finding individuals of any breed that succeed, you breed from that pool and then there are even more indivuals that can be successful.

Carolyn Burgess

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
'Sfunny to me how people can whine about Arab people "bashing" other breeds, and then turn right around and bash Arabs.

Carolyn Burgess
Email:
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 1-978-897-6624