[RC] Protection of leather saddle in bad weather - Beth Leggieri

Will be changing in the near future from a low-end cordura/leather endurance saddle to a full leather one that is definitely not low end.  Having been inundated a few years ago at a ride in the Oklahoma mountains and soaked to the bone--me and all equipment with water sloshing in my leather Ariats, am wondering which precautions I should take to protect my saddle from similar storms.

1.  Am thinking I'll bite the bullet and desensitize my horse to my wearing a full saddle-slicker that will offer some protection for the saddle.
2.  What else?  I haven't seen endurance "saddle protectors" for bad weather in the catalogs that are along the same lines as those offered for the expensive leather English discipline saddles.  Surely they are out there and I just haven't seen them?

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Beth
Denton, TX

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.