Re: [RC] LQ horse trailer - Linda S. Flemmer

We just got our first LQ trailer this Spring.  As we shopped, we asked to see different people's trailers and almost everyone was proud to show off.  We also viewed a lot of trailers online at www.horsetrailerworld.com.  Finally we went to Equine Affaire in Ohio & shopped around to see what we liked in person.

We found a trailer at the show that met our needs for a DEEP discount and wonderful financing as a "show special".

There are only two of us, so 8' LQ was fine.  We seldom carry ore than 2 horses, so we got a stud divider to allow stoarge in the first stall.  We had small rings installed across the front wall of the horse stall so we could hang an organizer and blanket bars.  We added a 50 gallon water tank to the reart tack area.  The hydraulic jack is wonderful!  We got the 8' wide trailer to allow mangers with outside access to storage.  Each manger has a drain to allow water out should it come in the windows.

MY "must have's" inside included a stove top, table & couch, queen size bed, lots of storage cabinets, sink, toilet, hot water heater & shower, furnace (we live where it gets COLD), 50 gallon people water and a walk thru door to the first stall.  Bonus was a dish antenna for TV, AM/FM/CD/Tape deck/Alarm clock with remote, awning, microwave, air conditioning, generator, full length hanging wardrobe, and a fully insulate horse area.  Being able to use the first stall as a mud room thru it's escape door & the walk thru door saves tracking in a lot of dirt.

My Arab looks pretty small in the large rer slant load stall after hauling with a 7' wide trailer before.  I miss the outside fenders to sit stuff down, but the extra interior space in the LQ makes a huge difference.  This trailer doesn't feel cramped for two people for a weekend.

Everyone's idea of the perfect trailer differs, so look around.  So far, the only challenge is learning how to back up a gooseneck after 20+ years of pulling a tag-a-long trailer.  I don't miss setting up the tent in the barn to dry after a long weekend!

Linda Flemmer
West Virginia