[RC] saddle fitting experts - suggestions? - Marta Kozlowska

my mare had a bit of a sore back the other day. it seemed localized. i thought it might be related to the recent use of a bit and doing some collected work (she's been in a bitless for 3 years).
i gave her couple of days off. then i gave her a bath. after the bath i looked closely at her back and notice two tracks of greyish hair right where the saddle panels run. one on each side of her spine. it's not all grey but nevertheless...
after doing some research on the web i found out that the actual gullet between the panels may be too narrow or the panels are shaped so that they don't distribute the weight evenly.  the saddle i'm using is a wintec ap. NO CAIR. i've used it on her regularly for about 3 years now. started distance riding in it last year
i plan to take some photos of her w/ that saddle on and couple other saddles tomorrow just to compare the fit of the panels.
if it turns out that the panels are the culprit, i will likely need a new saddle. for a variety of reasons i like wintecs. i'm not sure if they're all made on the same tree. seems to me that the isabelle (dressage saddle) has flatter panels than my ap.
anyone here deal w/ a problem of this nature? how did you resolve it?
and btw, i'm in nj and it's so hard to locate a good saddle fitter in the area. one lady has a good reputation but she's associated w/ county saddles and they're definitely out of my price range.

thank you for your thoughts!
marta