Re: [RC] wind and wild trail rides - Vallonelee

Maybe they get a lot of wind, too.

I don't know if that helps or not. My horses were all raised here in AZ where the wind howls most of the time :)  They all hate it when they are out in it riding. In their paddocks they just turn their butts to it and drop their heads.  I read once that it heightens their sense of prey status (since they cannot catch the scent of a possible approaching predator).  Don't know about all that - but I do know that I have to hang on for the quick side jump when the wind blows tumbleweeds our way  YEEHAAA   :)

Lee