[RC] Do treeless saddles distribute weight properly? - Jennifer Adam

Hi all -
Wellll...thought I had my perfect endurance saddle picked out, but now I'm not so sure! Good grief, I never realized there were so many options and possibilities!! I was planning to get a treeless saddle because I like close contact and it seemed like it would be more comfortable for my horse, but then I read some articles that said treeless saddles don't do an adequate job of distributing a rider's weight. I've also looked at flexible tree saddles, adjustable tree saddles, and custom fit saddles on traditional trees. Then there's the choice between English and Western rigging. I'm overwhelmed and confused! I learned to ride English and did a little dressage and jumping. Right now I do probably half my riding bareback and the other half in a traditional Western trail saddle. My saddle fits me perfectly, but it feels bulky and doesn't fit my mustang as well as I would like it to. She doesn't complain (yet!) - but we haven't done 50 miles in it, either!! I'm sure you're all sick of this subject, but if anyone has some spare time I would appreciate some advice on what to consider when buying a saddle?? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the different styles? Those of you with treeless saddles - do you like them?? Thanks so much - sorry to be a pest, but you all are teaching me soooo much and I really do appreciate it!!
Jen