From: Jim & Drin Becker <rainbow@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:22:44 -0600
Subject: Re: [RC] Equipak

"Hey Dawn, Have to jump in on this one. I believe I am the SE Equipak Queen. I've used the black (equibuild) and the soft (clear looking) equi-pack. Both with great success. To me, the clear held up as well in the rocks as the black. I ALWAYS use the mesh and have NEVER lost any of it. I have done 3 day rides (155 miles) and one day 100's with the stuff. Ridden in rocky, rocky places, muddy places, you name it. "

I also have been using Equipak now for a couple of years and use it at every ride , I do not use the mesh and have never lost it out of a hoof . I have used it at 3 and 5 day rides with no problems ,rocks, rain , mud doesn't seem to matter. I love that you can pull it out right after the ride instead of having to wait until the next shoeing to get it out . We bevel the edge of the shoe so you have a "lip" to hold the Equipak in . I get mine from Randy and Cheryl Winter's at Max-Tack and if you buy 6 tubes you get a free gun to dispense the Equipak with which I believe was $50.00 if you just bought the gun out right . Every year we get a group of people together and put in a bigger order so we can all eventually have an Equipak gun .
  Drin Becker
  Mtn Region