Re: [RC] Sad news on the OD trail - EquesB

In a message dated 5/23/2006 10:32 A Eastern Standard Time, dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Red died on the OD trail yesterday.
The first time I rode Big Red was at Hahira, Jerry brought him there for me to try as I was considering a lease.  He pulled my arms out of the sockets for 42 miles and Jerry had the audacity to suggest an English hack after the first loop! I would have ended up in Atlanta!

Once Red  & I came to an agreement on how to start a ride, he was an awesome horse to ride, always looking for the next corner to turn, the next hill to top, on a competition he was a heat seeking missile looking for anyone to pass.

Red was the horse I rode on my first (and only) 100 mile ride, he was all business. There are some horses that are just memory makers!

Jackie Baker