Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 6:55 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] conditioning on old roads

Even barefoot horses feet still hit the ground so there is still concussion.

Frankly...now all my horses are out of  steel shoes.  Doing riding on good footing barefoot; and for hard or rocky roads I boot (easy boot epics with comfort pads)....and then don't worry  AT ALL about shock or concussion....