[RC] conditioning on old roads - Jonni

 I think this thread is sort of like ones on "rocky" trails. What might be rocky to one rider, is hardly rocky at all to another.

What might be a hard packed dirt/gravel road to one, is good footing to another.  The fire access roads I used to ride on in So. CA around the local mountains was a very hard packed decomposed granite. But that was pretty nice footing compared to the current condition of our gravel/dirt roads here in No. TX right now. We've had little rain, and our gravel roads are packed hard and smooth. More like riding on asphalt or concrete. There is no "give" to the surface when the horses foot lands. They sure don't leave foot prints.

Someone send us some rain please........

Jonni