RE: [RC] Conditioning on hard packed gravel roads - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

I have been riding on gravel / logging roads because that is what I have local to me, and am thankful to have it.  Last year I was at the Horse Expo in Sacramento and came across “shock tamer” pads that I purchased.  I put them on as rim pads and noticed a huge difference and so did the horses.  The pads are two layers with expansion slots so they seem to really cut down on the concussion.  The horses moved better on the hard pack / gravel and the sound was different as well.   The ringing was gone when there feet would strike the asphalt.  ( I have about ¼ mile of pavement)  When the weather is dry enough I use full pads up front because they tend to poor fresh gravel in the summer.

Adam

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499