Re: [RC] [RC] [Guest] Underage horses - for ride managers and mentors - Sisu West Ranch

I am almost always amused when posts point out that there is some way that a "chisler" can probably get away with bending or ignoring a rule.  Sometimes the rightous indignation just drips from the post.

No human made and administered rule is ever perfectly enforced, and some folk even spend much of their lives trying to enforce rules on everyone that they feel that their Deity has given them.  Deal with it.  Those of us who profess to be honest, and moral should spend more time observing the rules and less time complaining about how someone may possibly break them and get away with it.

On the other hand those who do not object, or file protests when they do observe a rule violation, should be reminded that this kind of inaction is not moral, and does hurt our sport and horses.

Ed

Now that I have vented, I will go back to enjoying the afternoon.  It is going to be hot here, but Stevie and I went for a nice trot up a mountain near Bass Creek it the Bitterroot Range this morning.  One of these days I'll have enough condition on him so I will feel OK about letting him trot until he tells me he is tired.  By nature he appears to be one of those horses who will willingly go until something breaks.  He is much to good a horse to allow that to happen.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640