Re: [RC] best tennessee training areas - rides2far

Need suggestions of where Tennessee riders think the best areas to
train for endurance are, as I'm looking to buy some property there?
I've searched where people live, but want to hear the pros and cons
from the experts already living there, and suggestions on property
investments if possible. Thanks, Randi in florida

If you don't want to retire to Big South Fork...Cleveland Tennessee (just
northeast of Chattanooga) has nice trails at the Cherokee National
Forest, Starr Mtn. and that area. You're close to the big city for jobs,
have mountains to train on and designated horse trails. The cool thing
about Big South Fork is that *everybody* has horses up there and horses
seem to be practically the number one user group. Also, the place itself
is very linear...so a TON of property joins directly to the trails. Then
there's LBL. but if you're from FLA. I'd say LBL is much COLDER (gets
open above Nashville and that wind hurts). Big South Fork would be next
on the cold list since it's up on the Cumberland Plateau. Cleveland is in
the valley and not as bad, the mountains break up the wind. Just across
the mountains  from Cleveland but also in the Cherokee National Forest is
Tellico Plains where we used to have a good endurance ride and it ties
right in to the North Carolina ...I think Nantahala National Forest.

Angie McGhee (extreme Northwest GA)