[RC] Hells Kitchen Canyon Photos & Mt. Carmel Photos - Dream Weaver

http://aerc.org/Photo_Gallery/HC2006/HC2006.HTML  These are from the Hells Kitchen ride that was in Gunnison, Utah yesterday.  We did Mt. Carmel the weekend before and then took our time coming home so we could do this ride on the way! I really enjoy getting to go to rides I haven't done before.  This was a nicely done ride, with good ride management and excellent weather, vets, volunteers, and trail.  All of the rides I've done in Utah are wonderful.  The trail for the 50 has two loops.  The first one is about halfway (25 miles), during which you ride thru the LD rider vetcheck where they have a 1/2 hour hold.  You can stop there to let your horse eat and drink for as long as you want but it's not required.  Then at the midway point you make it back to camp for a vetcheck with an hour hold.  Then you head back out for another loop that is different and about midway thru that loop there is another vetcheck with a half an hour hold.  They had hay, carrots, beet pulp, watermellon and ice cold lemonade for us there.  We had a really nice ride and Chief certainly loved the grass growing on the trail and all of the goodies provided to him at the vetcheck!  The ride has enough up and down to keep it interesting with a couple of nice canyons to ride up or down thru on singletrack trail with plenty of sections of good footing that is fairly flat so you can really move out.

Here is a direct link to the photos that I put in an album from the Mt. Carmel ride the week before Hells Kitchen:  http://easycareinc.typepad.com/photos/mount_carmel_xp/index.html

Karen
in NV