[RC] FYI-Convention Hotel Heads Up - KimFue

I am recommending that anyone who booked their reservations early at the Crown Plaza call and confirm that the hotel has the correct arrival date.   I made my convention hotel reservation over three weeks ago for a Thursday arrival and Sunday departure.  This morning, I called the Crown Plaza Riverwalk to confirm that they would be able to accomodate a late check-in as my flight is not arriving until after 11:00 PM on Thursday.  To my surprise, the hotel had made a mistake and had booked my arrival for the 24th.  The hotel is overbooked for Thursday, the 23rd,  so they are not/or would not be able to correct their error and give me a Thursday room.  I was told they didn't know about waiting list for our group.

Because this was their error what they are willing to do is reimburse me the cost of my room at the Holiday Inn- Riverwalk.  They told me that this was the best that they could do.  Although, I appreciate them comping the room for the one night, I didn't envision the additional inconvenience of changing hotels, especially when I booked so far in advance.  I am just glad that I caught their error a month before my trip because who would want to deal with this nightmare after traveling and then having to find a different hotel at midnight.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648