[RC] Breakins now in Loomis/Folsom area too - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Michele Turney perfektlywicked@xxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This was forwarded to me today from Heidi Babcock who lives in Auburn Lake
Trails in Cool, CA:
As most of you heard there seems to be a rash of car/truck break in's at
staging areas.  It happened to me yesterday-Jan 12,2006 at a small stagin area
off Auburn-Folsom Road and Lomida Lane (on the way to Sterling Point staging
area).  These guy(s) knew what they were doing. I was gone for under 2hrs, I
did have my purse in the truck hidden under a down vest.  They punched in the
lock on the passenger door (and my truck has no alarm) and just took my purse
and vest.  They also pulled the valve stem on one of my front tires to disable
me.  My credit cards were used within a couple hours, not only my Mastercard
but also my Sears card.  Some things I have learned: File a report. I did and
have been asked by most of my credit card companies if I had filed a report.  I
also learned that my road side assistance (Good Sam)
will not cover vandalism so I was going to have to pay for my tire to be
changed (kind of hard when you have no purse).  I also filed a claim with my
insurance company.  We will see how that goes.  I am told by them that is
covered under the comprehensive loss (which I highly recommend-a $50 deductable
amount-does not increase your premium very much and windshields are covered
then usually at no cost to you) and the loss should not increase my premium
amount. Also if you have a credit card associated with your car ins company ask
them to cancel your card immediately.  I highly recommend riding with a charged
cell phone, I think carrying a small flat wallet with a drivers license, credit
card and some cash is the way to go and leave your purse/wallet at home.  At
least if your vehicle is broken into there is no purse/wallet to steal.
Fortunately I also had food and water for my horse.  So glad I did as we were
the waiting for over 2 hours waiting.  I also alerted Auburn Lake Trails
security because the thief(s) have my house keys and address.  This is what I
have learned so far and wanted to pass this on to others so maybe it wont
happen to someone else.
Heidi Babcok