[RC] Conditioning a young horse - Allegra C

I was wondering, how far, how hard, and how often do you ride a young horse (any limits?) when getting them in shape.

My boy Bocco will be 5yo in August. We went 16 miles today,  but took about an hour break between 8 mile stretches.  (Actually I only rode him about 12 miles, as one 2 mile stretch of road is very dangerous and I chose to walk/jog beside Bocco.)

Thanks,

- Allegra

I can not sit here and pretend,
That I have not wounds to mend ?
An amazing pain in my heart,
From being torn apart,
Over takes my being from time to time.

* Wind, Water, and Fire, all move around earth, shapen by earth. Yet, all three in turn shape the earth.

Yahoo! Photos