[RC] Tent Camping - Aaron Turnage

I've been tent camping for the last 3 years.  2 years ago for our anniversary my husband bought me one of the Sportz Truck Tents.  I love it!  Although it's not a nice and cozy as a LQ trailer, it works well for me.  I have a queen airbed that just fits in the back of the truck, wheel-well to wheel-well.  This tent is nice because it gets me up off the ground (less risk of being run over by trucks and/or horses) but is still easy to get in and out of since my trailer tongue acts a fairly big "step".  I have a Dodge V10 Longbed, and there's room for my bed plus all my clothes, etc. at the foot of the tent still.  I can put the tent up or down myself, although I haven't had to yet because some friend will usually come over to help me when they see me setting up.  =)  I bought one of the Coleman Tent heaters (catalyic) and put that by the foot of the bed near the door with the windows slit by my head and by the base of the heater.  I've used it in cold wet weather and for multiday trips as well.  It has a waterproof cover for the rain which worked really well.  One of my complaints is also a bonus in that it is a tent and thus I can hear stuff better.  Like in the rain, wind, etc.  But I can also hear my horse through the night and know he's okay.  Another bonus is that although you are not supposed to, I can take the poles down, throw the cooler and other heavy stuff on top and then drive slowly somewhere if I need to.  If you're going to do multidays that move camp, this can be really handy.  Then you'd only have to take the stuff off and pop the poles back in, as opposed to a real tent that has to be deconstructed and reset up each day.  They come in all different sizes and some even have canopys that can be purchased additionally.  For tent camping, this is the way to go!  =)

~ Crysta