Re: [RC] My experience with me new Freeform saddle - story - Karla Watson

The one thing that worries me is that the stirrups connect to a strap
that goes over the withers. Is there enough weight distribution or is
it a really expensive glorified bareback pad with stirrups?
Opinions? Tiffany

Thats what everyone has been saying about treeless saddles from day one for many years. But do remember that horses being ridden in treeless saddles have been thru a million vet checks and a ton of endurance miles with great success. Yes, it seems like a glorified bareback pad, doesn't it? Its amazing that they work so well. It would not seem so but they do for many horses & riders. Its not for everyone but they have been a godsend for many people with saddle fit problems.
---------Karla Watson/Oregon
(owner of 3 treeless saddles--2 Bob Marshalls, 1 Barefoot = success over 3 years)