Re: [RC] [RC] My experience with me new Freeform saddle - story - Juli Jakub

I am sure one of the freeform dealers will be better able to answer that question. I just received my new Freeform also. I haven't been able to do long rides, but have done some dressage work in it and a couple light trail walks. ( It is snowy and icy up here so I am limited...quick Spring!) SO far I absolutely love it! I had an Ansur, and although I loved it for ring work I found it a little too unstable for really up and down rough trail riding. The Freeform is more secure for me and also sits more securely on all three of my horses...which is huge. The Ansur never did stop slipping majorly on my little round mustang type.
I think all treeless saddles have the same question about stirrup placement and weight dispensation. Ansur told me that the memory foam protected the horse from pressure points from the stirrups...I am sure it is simliar for the freeform with the foam providng protection and dispersion. I do not worry about it too much as I am only 100 lbs so I think my horses can handle it. I also am classically trained and I disperse my own weight through my whole back, butt, and leg... even pressure everywhere....very little pressure is actually put on the stirrup except when two pointing and even then I disperse alot of it through my leg. Classically, a person walking by should be able to gently swipe the stirrup off your foot no matter what gait you are in. No more weight in the stirrup than that. Of course that is something I strive for and don't achieve all the time, but I keep it in mind. I also don't stand or two point all the time. I would see what your horse tells you...my horses have not yet had sore backs with either the Ansur or the Freeform. Good luck and I will be interested to here what the people in the know say about weight dispersion.
<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

The one thing that worries me is that the stirrups connect to a strap that goes over the withers. Is there enough weight distribution or is it a really expensive glorified bareback pad with stirrups?
Opinions?
Tiffany