Re: [RC] Truman, you misunderstood me a little - Truman Prevatt

Cindy Collins wrote:

Hey, I didn't mean to imply that FEI had caused any decline in 100s.  It
probably has increased a certain kind of rider attemping 100s.  It was
just an aside that some of us don't much like that direction and avoid
rides with that sanctioning.  Just out of curiosity, what is it about the
current AERC championship format that "makes the most sense."  Thanks for
sharing.  Cindy

Sorry I misunderstood you. The FEI has caused some hard feelings and some people don't go to their rides because of it. They sure shot themselves in the foot in the integration of FEI/AERC rides. I was at the first dual sanctioned ride and it became very obvious that what was going down there was not going to go over well with the average AERC rider. Hopefully that is behind us, however, the damage may already be done.

This is the third NC format I've seen. The first was nothing more than a trailer race. The second with regional rides and points accumulated was also a trailer race and when the rubber hit the road very few people even bothered to try.

The current system allows more people to participate, people that may have a good horse but neither the time nor money to participate in a great trailer race. Many people can muster the time and money to make one ride where as they couldn't muster the time or money for a trailer race. The rotating format takes it to the riders. I've seen more excitement from this format than I have ever seen in the old formats.

I think the AERC could do a better job promoting it. What made the ROC big was Susan promoted it. She used Trail Blazer to advertise it. If there were websites back then - it would have had one.

The AERC has a publication. It also has a web site. I do not see it being promoted the way it should be.

Truman

--

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

- Albert Einstein