[RC] 100's - Tom Sites

I've said this before and to those that have listened, you can delete now, as there is nothing new here.

We talk about training and gearing up for 100's like its some mystical goal of the ultimate.  In fact, its just another level of pain, and in todays society, people want the gain without the pain.  We have become fat, and want to be called an Endurance Rider.  I have never won a ride and could go the rest of my life and not feel a loss in that regard, as its really not important to me.  Its the Trail and the fact you can go and go and go and the most thrilling event i ever did was the ROC, when BayMar came down that hill in Colorado in 21st place, after he suffered a nerve injury to his head and was made fun of, in that he carried his head to the side.  Not the Gold Medal Team in Germany or his 2 OD completions or his BC in SC...it was after he overcame what was considered his demise and injury.

I recognise that not everyone will start as i did w/ the GAHR as my first Endurance Ride and 2 OD 100's as my first AERC rides and i would not recomend that to anyone, and i would not even be able to do it this day, as my goal for the year would be an LD on my young horse, Gabriel.  Time changes everything, and its all temporal.

What it takes is determination, common sense, and a willingness  and Faith, to step....Over the Edge.  And float to places you never been before.

ts