[RC] how does one ride? - larry Miller

Juli, go for it.  If you don't try, you will never know if you like it.  You can do a slow 25 on your 4 yr old, or you can wait until later in the season until the horse is a couple of months older.  With my arab Rowdy, I waited until he was 5 before I started him.  But then, he was a pretty immature 4 yr old.  Maggie I didn't get until she was 5, so I did 3 rides on her as a 5 yr old.  The rides were 25 miles apiece.  Jeanie