Re: [RC] An ounce of prevention - MtnRondi

In a message dated 5/12/2006 1:49:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, rj7647@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
She had forgotten her breast
collar that day.  The cinch was loose and the saddle slid back putting the
girth in the flank area.
I was riding with a small group of people and the fellow riding next to me had a nice saddle with center-fire rigging and we were going up a small incline. The saddle slipped back and became a bucking strap. What a rodeo. Scared my horse so badly that he tried to climb the side of the trail that was straight up... I thought he was going to go over backward with me, but he finally was able to get all four feet on the ground.

The other rider was OK and got the bronco under control and adjusted his saddle, but mentioned that he would never ride without a breastplate again.

Bonnie