[RC] Fwd: Batteries and LQ trailer - Tammy Shuck

Note: forwarded message attached.

--- Begin Message ---
Hello, I have just in the last week gotten a used 2001 Exiss 2 hrs with a very tiny weekend package. I think it is going to be just right for me, but I am trying to work out all the bugs and takeoff tomorrow for a ride.
The trailer only has 1 (new) battery, I took it in to have the wiring tested and it appears that the trailer battery is not getting a charge from the pickup and that the trailer is pulling the pickup battery down when parked. I have an appointment for next week to get this sorted out but I would like to have some power for this weekends ride.
I will unplug the trailer from the pickup when we get parked so I dont run that battery down, but I am not certain how long my 1 battery will run my lights and my water pump and any other things that run on power. I am completely new to RV's. I am just running the fridge some lights and wash up and maybe a "hot shower". I can take a spare battery (off the electric fence at home) or I can bring a generator to recharge the LQ's battery when it runs down. What would be my best option. How long would it take the generator to recharge the battery.
I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get on the whole wiring battery thing.
Thanks Tammy