[RC] de spooking/trainers - Mary Ann Spencer - Jonni

Mary Ann posted: >>>Was not ready to go to a trail ride that usually has 1000 horses...OH, MY, I do not like to think what response that would make!!!  BUT let's face it, the first few endurance rides are a high excitement trip. <<<

But it does not HAVE to be. If you have done your training and homework right, what ever training method you choose to use, it should be pretty much a non event for you and your horse.

My problem with any training method is with people who get blinders on and feel that one clinicians way, is the ONLY way, and put on blinkers to other methods that they might be able to use with success. I've seen this with Parelli the most, but maybe it is just because he seems to have the largest group that get so focused on his methods. It is funny to me that he is the only one where people often intro themselves stating what "level" they are at.  Of course, maybe to another Parelli follower it has more meaning.  Sorry, I have drifted a little.... my point was, ride starts don't have to be high excitement...unless you are using one of those rope halters to ride in, and have not really got your horse educated to it for something like a ride start. LOL (Uh oh, that is a whole 'nuther issue!)

Jonni in TX