From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chrystal Woodhouse
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 3:25 PM
To: Karen Sullivan
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] de spooking/trainers

 A horse that is "Parelli" trained is not disrespectful, rude or dangerous-- the whole point of the system is the opposite- I have had great success with his level one stuff as have  quite a few of my friends. Parrelli has not reinvented the wheel here- his stuff is basically good horsemanship/training practices, all he has done is to market them in a package that explains in simple,easy terms the basics of training- instead of learning the hard way over 30 years! If you have a horse that did not move over with very little pressure there is no way anyone was doing Parelli with him- just because someone say's he is trained that way doesn't make it so!!  I think the name/system is starting to get thrown around with people having very little idea of what they are talking about. ( I mean this in general.)
I agree with you about the child w/out a helmet, write them a letter! However I have yet to see a picture of a western child or adult doing barrel racing- steer roping etc.. with a helmet on either.
Chrystal

"Karen Sullivan" <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

05/09/2006 02:01 AM