Had a great ride on Saturday with my new riding buddy Lesley, her horse Eagle, and Kim Mileo and Stormer.  My horse did great all weekend, all nice and perky Sunday morning ready to go out for Day 2.  He was tired at the end of both days but still doing well.  I guess he was laying down sleeping and eating Saturday night, not too unusual for him though.  My neighbor said when she was up in the middle of the night he was laying there eating his hay that was on the ground.  =)  They had the scales set-up at this ride and he weighed in pre-ride at 800 lbs even (he's just under 14.2).  At the end of Day 1, immediately post ride he was 779, morning of Day 2 he had gone up to 824 and was 803 post ride, so a nice even pattern and he seems to have come out of it at least as well as he went in.

Next official ride will be our first 100 in Bend, Oregon at the Sunriver 100 on June 17th.  I'm excited because our new riding buddies, who we met at High Desert and rode both days with at Washoe, will be coming as well.  Lesley and her horse Eagle have both done 2 100's before and our boys get along really well and pace well together.  We happened to meet at a ride because we were going the same pace and the horses got along so have been riding together since then.  We didn't really plan it for the first day of Washoe but things worked out again, so intentionally rode together Day 2.  I'm even more excited now since I know there will be someone there going my pace willing to ride together!  Plus both of us have our mom's crewing so they can hang out as well!  =)

~ Crysta & Sinatra (ready to go again this morning, mom is moving funny though)
AJandCrysta at sbcglobal.net

P.S.  One of the BEST parts was I WON a HAF pad at the raffle on Sunday!  Steve with Freeform Treeless Saddles was there and I was over on Friday checking out the pads, drooling and such.  Unfortunately it's just not in the budget right now.  So I was VERY excited when my name was drawn to win the EXACT pad I probably would have purchased!  A big THANK YOU to Steve with Freeform Treeless and HAF Pads for donating the award!  =)  The perfect ending to a perfect weekend.