Re: [RC] Drafting - any gain? - SturmRanch

So as this topic has come up, maybe someone can answer something I have wondered about.

As a former cyclist, I remember the benefit to the rider or riders in back from drafting.  We used to ride in a rotation so everyone would benefit part of the time.

When I was running, I think I remember reading that there was a psychological edge  to be gained from drafting.  You could wear down and pick off the runner ahead of you by drafting.

Other than the obvious social comfort a horse might gain by following another horse, is their any actual benefit?

Nancy Sturm