Re: [RC] riding alone... - roxanne kopp

This past Sunday my horse ( Eddie) and I did our first fifty of the season at Chicken Chase in Indiana.  From about mile ten on the first loop he and I rode almost the whole rest of the ride alone.  We train both with others and alone and I have ridden 50's with a buddy and without.  On Sunday though, what I found extremely relaxing was I just started to appreciate the day, stopped looking at my watch, stopped thinking about "the ride" and just enjoyed riding.  Eddie felt strong all day and we just rode each section of trail that we could see.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  I realized at the end that this was our best ride yet - not only because we finished well but we finished happy.

Roxanne in Kentucky

PS Today I rode my other horse, alone, just him and the dog along the creek trail - saw a great blue heron, deer, beautiful day, walked along to the sound of the water, another good ride.