Re: [RC] Riding alone... - Stacy Sadar

The only reason I will ride alone is to teach a young horse to focus on me and not another horse.  For safety reasons, I will go out with 2 or 3 other riders but ride away from them for a while and come back to them.  I'm not scared to ride alone (at least not with a good shot of vodka in me) but I just don't feel it's a very safe thing to do.  If something happens and I'm laying in the middle of the trail unresponsive, someone would have to "come upon" me.  My horses tend to stay with me (which is a good thing) instead of running off to the barn or trailer or somewhere else.  Problem with that is no one would know I was in trouble until they found me which could be hours or not at all.  My husband REALLY does not want me to ride alone for those reasons.  If I do go out alone I call to check in at certain times so he knows I'm okay.

Stacy

Joe/Sabrina <hilander623@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I often wonder if anyone other than myself is just terrified of going out riding/training alone. I have one dead broke, guaranteed bombproof horse, that I will go out on by myself, but only within 5 miles of my home.(Basically because of being bored.)  My other horse, who is my favorite and love of my life, I am not brave enough or dumb enough to go out by myself. He is basically a good horse. But he has that percentage of becoming disconnected. Does anyone else ever experience these thoughts? If my riding partner pulls at a ride, then I do not continue on, on this particular horse. Please tell me I am not alone. Even better, give me some advice or thoughts on this subject. Thanks!