[RC] Paralyzed Foal Update: Today's newstory from Channel 3 - Christina Schiro

Today's story from www.weartv.com. One thing I want to add is yesterday afternoon, the colt was transported to Auburn University. Also, I went to the WXBM tent yesterday at the Kenny Chesney concert where they were asking for donations to go towards the colt. They had a huge banner with a picture of the foal layed out at the clinic. I went up to personnally thank them. They said one gentleman wrote a check for $500 and they saw one lady drop in a $100 bill. The money is going to the Northwest Florida Large Animal Clinic (Dr. Weekley's office) to used for the surviving horses of the shooting spree.

****
Condition of Horses Involved In Mass Animal Cruelty Condition of Horses Involved In Mass Animal Cruelty
The smallest horse wounded in that vicious shooting spree in Beulah still has a bullet lodged in its spine.
The foal - less than two months old - is partially paralyzed.
Veterinarian Keith Weekley plans to transport the colt to Auburn University for examination.. and possible surgery.
Weekley acknowleges -- medical experts at Auburn may determine..the foal cannot be fully healed.
Veterinarian Keith Weekley: "He's a strong horse. When he first came in he was flat out, and we did not think he had a chance, but he is... he eats, and he drinks, and he'll go to the bathroom. He just cannot use his rear legs. It's tough, for these young horses especially, to see 'em in this condition. He wants to go and he'll get mad, and throw what we would consider to be a fit, 'cause he wants to get up and he can't."
Weekley says the other wounded horses are improving, but medical bills are expected to top ten-thousand dollars.
The Northwest Florida Large Animal Clinic is collecting donations..
And W-X-B-M radio will also accept gifts at the Kenny Chesney concert tonight at the Pensacola Civic Center.
The *Reward* for information leading to an arrest is up to 17-thousand dollars.